Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rationale

During this assignment I've learnt a lot more about Antoni Gaudi than i did before, which i am glad about, but aside from that i have learnt a lot more about Blogs than i once did. At base level, simple things like controlling which order the posts go in, by changing the date. I did not know the Blog format allowed you to edit the date in which it was posted - i found that interesting. I also found out and i know appreciate much more than previously, how important referencing and sourcing photos/videos and information is. I am glad there is such a thing as Creative Commons or otherwise i would be slightly lost.

When faced with this assignment i was first quite keen on doing the information flow. After each choice was explained a bit more to us i found the online exhibiton to be a very attractive option. I immediately thought of doing an exhibtion on Antoni Gaudi because he is the artist/architect that stands out for me. I had also recently been going through some of my travel photos from 2008 and i was keen to explore more about what i had seen on my trip to Barcelona.

The Blog format seemed the most sensible and easy for me and at the end of my assignment i'm quite confident i picked the right option. These days the Blog formats (Blogger, Tumblr etc.) make it very simple to get information/thoughts/journal entries published in the fastest possible way. While researching and gaining further information for my online exhibtion, i was fascinated by the detail of research that some websites when into regarding my chosen subject. For example Antoni Gaudi: His life and works is a terrific website covering every single facet of Gaudi's exsitince and although there's is a website, which has to be a lot more formal and structured, i still found having a look at these sorts of websites helped me out.

I find that my work is different to others i have seen because i have put a lot of my personal opinions in. I know this is because mine is a blog and i am comfortable with that, especially since there are not a lot of blogs out their covering Antoni Gaudi. Flikr was really helpful in finding several pictures, but besides that fact, reading user comments and stories gave me some assistance too. Probably one of the difficulties i faced was understanding the difference between delivering my opinion and trying to teach an audience something. I also debated every image choice, was i putting in too much? Was i not putting in enough? I think i have found a medium for this, although i would have preffered to have plenty more videos in my blog. I found it quite difficult searching for videos on my subject. There did not seem to be many on You Tube. Overall i found that scouring the internet and packing in as many different sources, multimedia and aspects of Antoni Gaudi has delivered me a rounded package.

-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment